Grant left this morning to go out of town for a few days. We woke up the girls so we could all go out to breakfast together before he had to go catch his flight. They both looked so precious, sleeping in their beds. Grant opened their bedroom door and both of us just stood there and watched them for a few minutes. We almost couldn’t do it, but we did end up waking them. Eleanor perked right up, excited because we were going to go to an “eating store” for breakfast. As we were getting ready to leave, the girls begged him to read a story. The girls were both still so groggy. I had to get a picture.
Eleanor seemed to really have a hard time saying goodbye to him this time. She didn’t cry, but it wasn’t the same quick send-off she has given him on other occasions. I think the other times he left, she was just expecting him home that evening, just like every other day. She has a better grasp of time now, so she knew he wouldn’t be back tonight.
The first day without him went okay. No major meltdowns (kids or Mommy). Tomorrow, we have plans to go to the summer reading program kick-off at the library and then straight to the zoo with a friend of mine and her boys. It could be very interesting. I just hope I don’t wear myself out more than I wear them out! But I’m sure it will make the time go by faster.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't be shy! Leave a comment! I read all of them.