Our last day on the coast, Eleanor decided she didn’t want to go down on the beach to face her fears again. Grant was content to stay behind with her; he had a book he was enjoying. So it was just Doodle-dootz and me. When we first got down there, she kept asking for Daddy and Eleanor. She even told me she wanted to go back a few times. All I had to do was point out a cool seashell and a few rocks worth picking up, and she was convinced to stay and play. And while she played, I just did my favorite thing to do on the beach: take lots of pictures. After taking several pictures, I even messed around with some manual exposure. Yay me!
Here we go!
What a cutie!
After playing around on the beach for a while, she enjoyed playing Pooh sticks (minus the bridge) in the runoff water. I think I lost count of how many times she lost her balance and fell into the water. It never seemed to bother her a bit, but after she had played there a while, I took her back to the beach house to get dried off. Watching a stick float away.
Just dropped one in.
Giving it a little encouragement.
After we had all our stuff packed up, we went to the outlets to get some clothes for the girls. We also found some great deals on work clothes for Grant. After that, we drove home from there. We had such a pleasant trip; it was so nice to just get away as a family for a while. I could have stayed even longer. We’ll have to go back again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't be shy! Leave a comment! I read all of them.