We went to Silverton on Sunday to visit with family. There was a gathering at Aunt Sharron’s for Pat’s birthday. Eleanor found her friend, Abby, there, and they were immediately inseparable. We let them do their own thing, knowing they would get along and keep out of trouble. After a while, I wandered into the house and saw these three girls sitting quietly in the library, perusing some books together. I had to take a picture. I just love how sweetly little girls play together when their personalities blend well with each other. I hope they stay fast friends, kindred spirits, for years to come. Then someday, I’ll show them these photos, and they will treasure them.
Phaedra, Eleanor, Abby, Mia
I didn’t really take photos to document the whole evening. The food was delicious, and I was being lazy, enjoying the warm weather now that summer has finally decided to show its face around here. I played around, and took a few pictures when I saw the opportunity. That’s how I got the picture of Grant’s cousin in the previous post. I didn’t feel like making anyone smile for the camera, in fact I hoped they wouldn’t know I was taking their picture, otherwise I might have gotten that baby’s adorable face in the photo.
I do wish I had followed to get a few pictures when Studio Grandpa took Phaedra for a little walk. He has such a soft spot for his grandchildren, and you can see it in his interactions with them. But like I said, I was being lazy, and when he took her for a walk, I had just gotten back from following her around while she explored. Having Grandpa take over for a bit offered me a nice little break.
Here are a few photos I got. Eleanor was reciting her 13th Article of Faith for various people, so Abby performed also. She did a little dance. Eleanor tried to follow along with the movements so she could be just like Abby.
Grandma Mills
Abby picking blueberries in the evening sun.
The girls found the blueberries just as we were about to leave. We really had to tear them away in order to go home. We had such a pleasant summer evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't be shy! Leave a comment! I read all of them.