Before Grant left for San Francisco, I was able to surprise him with a project I finished just in time. I made him this bag to put his toiletries in for the trip:
Mmmmmm, Eternity. That stuff melts my butter.
This project was (don’t laugh) my first zipper ever! I’ve really only done very basic sewing projects, and none of them have yet included a zipper. It really wasn’t too difficult. I think I’m getting a bit braver when it comes to new projects. Little projects like this are nice because it’s so little fabric, it doesn’t cost me way too much if I totally ruin it. I was really pleased with my accomplishment.
I was amazed that I had been able to keep it a secret. Eleanor worked with me every step of the way, buying the materials, cutting fabric, and sewing it together. I just kept telling her it was going to be a surprise, so she shouldn’t tell Daddy about it. She didn’t slip up once (that I know of). She can be pretty tight-lipped when she wants to.
For anyone interested, I found the tutorial for this bag HERE. I read some of the comments and found that it’s even easier if you just sew the entire side instead of the middle third on step 4.
Grant really liked it, and he said it was useful to have on his trip. It was a fun, easy project to do. I might have to go back and make another that I can use to hold my spools of thread.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't be shy! Leave a comment! I read all of them.