There’s a disclaimer to go along with this post: you won’t actually see any bunnies. They’re hiding, scared for their lives.
We went to my mother’s house last Friday while Daddy was in an evening class. The girls just love helping Grandma feed all the animals, and they were excited to go see the bunnies. There were moments when the bunnies were out in the open, but those moments didn’t last long. Any appearance would quickly cause Phaedra to squeal and exclaim, “Bunny! Teeko (tickle)!” as she charged after them with her carrot. We tried to teach her to approach slowly and quietly, but that toddler enthusiasm just can’t be contained.
To Phaedra lately, everything is “teeko.” She’ll point out a dog: “Doggie! Teeko!” She’ll see a bug: “Bug! Teeko!” The vacuum: “Backim. Teeko.” I think you get the picture. Apparently, things just tickle her. Her previous word for all animals, things, etc. was “nice.” She still uses that one about certain animals: “Doggy. Nice.” Sometimes, the nice sounds like a declaration, and other times it sounds like she’s pleasantly surprised the animal is nice. I love it.
Eleanor was more patient, waiting by their shelter for one of them to get the courage to nibble her carrot. They never did, but they munched a long piece of grass she stuck in there, which made her happy. She probably would have had much better luck with them if her exuberant sister hadn’t been there. Luckily, we went back to Grandma’s on Sunday, and one of the bunnies stayed out in the open and allowed both the girls to pet it. Of course, I didn’t take any pictures on Sunday. Ha!
I’ve been feeling really bad that I haven’t kept up with my “All about Eleanor/Phaedra” posts lately. So, I took this opportunity to get some closer pictures of them while they were actually healthy and happy. This is about the best I can get from Eleanor these days.
Tap-tapping on the bunnies’ shelter. I can’t imagine why they didn’t want to come out.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't be shy! Leave a comment! I read all of them.