Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mother’s Day: The Girls and Me

It can be such a challenge to get my girls to cooperate for photos lately. I’m sure I am mostly to blame because of my zeal for photographing them so often. I thought it would be nice if Grant could get a picture of the girls and me together for Mother’s Day. My daughters were of a different mind. 100509_0086 First, Eleanor complained of being cold and refused to look or smile at the camera. The complaint spread to Phae, and I could tell we were losing them. Grant was determined to go with it, trying to hurry and get the whole thing over with so we could get on the road. Eleanor clearly didn’t intend to do anything we wanted her to do as long as she was forced to be in such undesirable conditions. I pleaded with Grant to go get a blanket from the car so we might possibly stand a chance at getting one happy photo.100509_0091 The blanket worked for Phaedra.100509_0094

We got a little closer with this one.100509_0112 Eleanor decided to glare at the camera. I’ll have to find a way to use this against her when she’s older.100509_0117 This one was right after I threw a stick at Daddy. We all thought it was hilarious but Grant couldn’t get the camera to take the shot while we were all looking.100509_0120

Then I threw some pine needles at Daddy, but the fact that they landed on my camera and stayed there distracted me from putting down my hand for the picture. Good one. Look at Eleanor’s lovely smile. I suppose I’ll have to get better at Photoshop until my girls get better about pictures.

3 comments:

  1. I think they're priceless anyway- beautiful girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these!!!!! And I love how you showed the timeline of it. I think some of the best photos are the "imperfect" ones! :) These are all beautiful... and I'm SO impressed with your photography! Wish I hadn't dropped that dang class! I did finally buy the big manual for my camera tho...

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look so pretty with your girls, Jocelyn! I love how each looks so unique. Those red curls are killing me! :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment! I read all of them.