Ready to go on our walk. I even took off her jacket before we started down the driveway because it was WARM! Hard to believe, isn't it? Of course, we took Lane with us. He can't resist a good walk, and he's gotten pretty good about not pulling me when I have the stroller.
This picture was actually taken while Grant was taking all our personal items out of the car so the guy could take it away. He's talking on the phone with his brother, Michael, asking to borrow his Jeep until we get enough money to buy another car. Excuse the out of control shrubbery and the dead tree thing. Our yard is in desperate need of grooming, and yes, the dead thing will eventually get the ax!
The name, Hoopty, is adopted from our friend Nate. Grant adopted the term for his car when it became evident that even when the guys bought brand new cars, they still ended up with the "Hoopty" while their wives drove the new cars. They took it like gentlemen, though, and just accepted the fact that they will always drive the Hoopty. So, maybe you could say it's a term of endearment? Anyways, thanks, guys!
I just love what a big deal a warm sunny day is here! They ARE gorgeous! It was a bummer I didnt get to enjoy it though, I was cooped up in the office. But Brett and Charlie got out and washed the cars. Speaking of cars...Sorry to hear about Hoopty!
ReplyDeletehey, this is cousin sarah. its a little backwards for me. i drive the hoopty and john has the newer car. but thats only because i cant drive a stick. i STILL havnt learned. maybe i should do that soon. :) anyways. CUTE pics. Eleanor is getting so big!!!
ReplyDeleteJulia, at least we Oregonians don't take our sunshine for granted, right?
ReplyDeleteSarah, you have GOT to learn to drive a stick. It took me a while, too, but it will change your life. Plus, all the stop signs you get stuck at stalling the car build character-- I once had a school bus stuck behind me so they couldn't go around-- lot's of character!