Thursday, March 29, 2007

Sunday at Grandma's

We visited Eleanor's other grandma on Sunday ("Grandma bock bock" as some of the other grandkids call her-- because she has chickens.)
All ready to walk the dog. If you haven't met him, this is our dog, Lane. (There are better views of him.)
"Bo Boyee." She gives him plenty of praise and tells him, "good boy," often.

She also scolds him forcefully whenever I do. She knows who's boss, and she tells Lane all about it. Whenever she hears noise outside, she says, "Hush!" I had to tell her the other day that we don't tell the birds to hush because we like their pretty music. She must think it sounds like a dog whining.

She thinks she has complete control.
Wow! I magically appeared in a picture!
Grandpa and Grandma and their dogs, Katie and Ice.

Eleanor just had to have a leash in her hand. Ice wasn't too sure about her new fearless (not to mention small) leader. She'd occasionally stop and turn back in fear of what toddled along with her.


The end of a pleasant walk.
Eleanor's favorite thing: mooching dessert.

2 comments:

  1. I love your mom and Gary. Tell them I said hi. Lane's getting old.
    You need to put a saddle on Lane so Eleanor can just ride him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! maggie LOVES dogs. one of these days i may have to break down and get her one. we'll see...

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment! I read all of them.